If you're having trouble logging in to any of our websites, try these steps.
If you're receiving an "invalid username or password" message
The obvious course of action here is to check your password, make sure Caps Lock isn't on, etc. Don't forget about your email, though! Since the password is more commonly the culprit, it's easy to forget that a typo in your email will cause just as many problems. Here are some specific steps:
- Try re-typing your password and check Caps Lock. In some cases you may want to type out your password in a different window, then copy-and-paste it into the Password field, so that you know for sure what you're typing.
- Check your email address. In particular, check not only for typos but for extra spaces either before or after the email address - this happens sometimes, and it can be very hard to spot, because spaces are invisible.
- If you've changed your email recently, try with both the old and the new email address. Sometimes there's a bit of a delay between when you change the email and when it is actually reflected in your login.
- If your computer is auto-filling the login fields for you, try erasing the data and manually typing in your email address and password.
- Finally, if none of these steps work, you can use the "Forgot Password" link to reset your password.
If you aren't receiving the "forgot password" email
Most commonly this is due to email-address mixups, or to emails getting caught in spam filters. Some things you can try:
- Check your spam folder. Most email providers have a folder for messages that might be spam but they aren't quite sure about, and sometimes password-reset emails end up there.
- If you use Gmail, check the other "tabs" in your inbox. By default, Gmail separates your inbox into three tabs: Primary, Social, and Promotions. Sometimes emails can end up in a different tab than you might expect.
- Try adding email@example.com to your contacts. Many email providers are more lenient with messages coming from an email address that's already in your list of contacts.
- If the account in question is for a student, check the email address listed for the student on your "Student Logins" page and make sure it is correct.
- If you are still consistently unable to receive the email, contact the office and we'll help you out.
If you aren't receiving any error message, but are still unable to log in
If you run into this issue, call, chat, or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll help you out!