Live Communication: Students meet regularly with their Teacher Services (TS) teacher(s) by phone or in a virtual classroom. Live interaction is an important way for the teacher to provide the student with feedback and instruction. Students are also encouraged to contact their teacher by email with questions between their regularly scheduled meetings.
Frequency: The number of meetings is determined by the level of support.
- Grading Only courses: All communication is by email.
- Assisted courses: Monthly phone call; additional questions may be submitted by email.
- Directed courses: Twice monthly meetings by phone or in a virtual classroom.
- Enhanced Directed courses: Weekly meetings by phone or in a virtual classroom.
Method: Students speak with their teacher by phone or in a virtual classroom.
- History, literature, religion, and writing-based science courses (e.g. Earth Science, Natural Science, and Biology) meet by phone; some teachers may make use of a shared document via a virtual classroom during the phone meeting to guide the student through an outline or draft.
- Math and math-based science courses (e.g. Physics, Chemistry) are always in a virtual classroom, to make use of interactive whiteboards.
- Latin and grammar courses meet by phone if done at the Assisted or Directed levels of support. The Enhanced Directed level of support meets in a virtual classroom.