Learning Support students who need additional support have many options!
- If a student gets a low score on an assignment (below a C), the teacher will notify the parent.
- Students are encouraged to work on material with which they struggle. This is in keeping with a mastery learning approach, which MODG utilizes.
- Students who need extra assistance in math, Latin, or grammar are offered one packet (3 meetings) of complimentary tutoring with a MODG teacher. After the first packet, parents can add more Labs at the normal lab rate ($43.75/packet). Read more here: https://families.modg.org/course-catalog/learning-support/lab-offerings
- Students who need extra assistance in writing classes are often urged to add a "TS-in-LS" teacher. In this case, students will still attend class with their section but will also meet one-on-one with a writing teacher to help with all written assignments for that course.
- Alternatively, students may consider switching into a different Learning Support class (e.g. moving from Algebra 2 to Algebra 1), dropping the class entirely, or dropping the class and adding a TS service. Please reach out to your consultant and our office staff to discuss these options.